Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What are you reading?

I love to read. Sadly, my life is so busy and tiring that I have come to a new definition of the word "reading": Primarily, I "read" via audio books.

I do my reading for school on the exercise book in the wee hours of the morning (5:30-ish). I 'read' my monthly book for my church's book discussion book in the car via audio. And, I 'read' several radio programs, or other audio programs, at the gym. Sometimes those programs are books, sometimes they are audio-only programs.

Recently, I have been listening to short stories by New Hampshire author James Patrick Kelly. For our road trip down to NYC, we're planning on listening to Stephen Colbert's "I Am America, And So Can You". Also on the audio queue list is Daniel J. Levitin's "This is Your Brain on Music", "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay, and "Peony in Love" by Lisa See. I've also listened to a couple of Dr Who novels.

My physical reading list is relatively lengthy, but harder to address between school, work, and the commute. However, I am planning on reading The Zoo Keeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman.

I'm always curious to hear what other people are spending their precious reading time on. What are you reading?

1 comment:

briwei said...

Right now I am reading a bunch of different plays. I am trying to pick out the next season for our theater, so I am reading plays and plays and plays. Thus far, I have read:

The Importance of Being Ernest
Proof
American Buffal
Lobby Hero
Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Momma's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feelin' So Sad
Daddy's Dyin', Who's Got the Will
The Foreigner
13 Rue de L'Amour
Our Town

I am currently working through:
A Shot in the Dark
The Front Page
A Child's Christmas in Wales