Friday, October 19, 2007

The big trip weekend

Our cats will be home alone this weekend. My husband and I are going to NYC for a laid back getaway. We plan on doing a couple of museums that we've never done before, and a little wandering around Central Park (which I've never done before). Also, we are planning a dinner splurge.

Our son is going to Vermont with his church youth group for a weekend of no sleep, no showers, and lots of junk food. There will be chaperons, so I'm not worried too much about what he'll get into. And, he will have showered on Sunday by the time we get home, so I won't have to see/smell how grungy he got during his wild weekend.

A good time should be had by all. Look for a trip review (hopefully) late on Sunday evening. Here's to wishing everyone a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

barbie2be said...

were you sure to tell the cats that they aren't allowed to have any parties while you are gone?

Kitten Herder said...

I really think they did have a party while we were gone. My desk monitor was at a weird angle, some papers from my desk were scattered to the four winds, and there were a couple of plastic grocery bags in odd places.

Anonymous said...

CHURCH YOUTH GROUP?!!

I have missed some significant developments up there....