Monday, October 08, 2007

...every day, I don't write the book

While Elvis Costello really has very little to do with this post, the refrain from that song seemed appropriate. Last week, I added the little badge to the right that said that I planned on participating in National Blog Posting Month. This summer I was doing pretty well at posting every day. Since school started back up, I've been falling down on the job.

Well, I committed to posting every day in November for NaBloPoMo. However, I had planned to really get back with the program a few days ago. But, I missed yesterday. I have a good excuse...

OK. Why do I suddenly feel like Juan Epstein from "Welcome Back, Kotter"? "Mr Kotter, I got a note!"

See, I was really very ill all day yesterday and part of today, which really threw a monkey wrench in my three day weekend. I managed to get my homework done. Just. But, I didn't leave the house yesterday. I barely left the bed. And, all I had to eat was a handful of pretzels and half a bowl of room-temperature ramen. Yum.

Maybe at the bottom of my illness was the pathetic performance Saturday night of our Manchester Monarchs. We had such high hopes for the game. Last year, the boys won the Atlantic Conference of the AHL. Saturday night, they looked pretty sad against the Providence Bruins. But, it wasn't too surprising. Nearly our entire roster had changed. Virtually every player was an AHL rookie. I think that last year's team did so well, that most of them got scarfed up by NHL teams this year. Good for those guys! Sad for us.

So, any way, back to 'Every day, every day, every day, I write the book'. I am recommitted to posting. A handful of my blog friends have signed up for the November commitment. Heck, a few of them even post every day now. Some, ahem, should sign up so that they post more than once a week. You know who you are.

2 comments:

briwei said...

Yeah! Those once a week losers make me sick!

Summer said...

"Signed, Epstiens Mother" I loved the Sweathogs. Hope you're feeling better.