Friday, August 17, 2007

Movie fetishes

So, we've moved from the bizarre, foot fetishes, to the sublime: movie fetishes. Everyone has them. A handful of movies that you love to watch, again and again, that most people just don't understand. Of course, there are movies that I watch repeatedly that many people do understand. Here is a list of movies that I repeatedly watch, many of which most other people just wouldn't understand:


  • Snatch

  • Willow

  • Better Off Dead

  • A Fish Called Wanda

  • Princess Bride

  • Timeline

  • Office Space

  • The Day After Tomorrow

  • Tombstone

  • Hudson Hawke

  • An American Presdient

  • Dante's Peak

  • Can't Hardly Wait

  • The Thomas Crowne Affair (1999)

  • Sixteen Candles

  • Die Hard

  • Clerks

  • The Great Escape

  • Grosse Pointe Blank

  • Philadelphia Story

  • You've Got Mail

  • After Worlds Collide

  • Four Weddings and a Funneral

  • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

  • Underworld

  • Aliens

  • Terminator 2

  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off

  • Desperado

  • The Ref

  • Transporter

  • Young Frankenstein

  • Mouse Hunt

  • Monsoon Wedding

  • Life of Brian

  • Mystery Alaska

  • The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan

  • Operation Petticoat

  • Boeing, Boeing



Yes, many of these are listed in my profile. Some are not, and some that are listed in the profile aren't here. Go figure. Most of the above are movies that, if I stumbled upon them while flipping channels, I would be hard pressed to move on to another channel. And, yes, the order is kind of indicative of priority should I be given a choice between them.

I wonder what the selection says about me. I wonder if there is some stupid pop psychology test out of there that deals with movie obsessions, and can label your particular neurosis based on your choices.

I wonder if anyone can match up all of the following quotes to movies in the list above:

"She didn't say anything about me?" "No, but I could always pass her a note before study hall."

"Who are those guys?"

What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

"Do you want to dance? Or do you want to DANCE?"

"You are drunk, and when you are drunk you forget that I am in charge! "

"Great, I hijacked my f___ing parents."

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

"You may call me Loretta."

"Protection from what? 'Zee Germans'?"

"I thought all writers drank to excess and beat their wives. You know one time I secretly wanted to be a writer."

"I'm your huckleberry."

"What hump?"

"Dong. Where is my automobile?"

"I want my two dollars!"

"Marines! We are leaving!"

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler."

No comments: