Sunday, August 12, 2007

PPT4> A different beer experience

A couple of years ago, Denis Leary (one of my all time favorite comics) did a bit maligning Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. As Denis put it, cranberries are for bladder infections not for beer. While I had to concur with his opinion on this particular brew, I will occasionally try a unique sounding concoction, just for the experience.

We were in the grocery store today when a beer label totally captured my attention:



To truly appreciate my fascination with the label, you must understand that I am nuts about Halloween. My birthday is about a week short of the holiday, so I have adopted it as my personal birthday theme.

So, we picked up a six pack, and I enjoyed two with dinner. Yes, I did say that I ENJOYED them. It was definitely a different beer experience. This may not sound all that appealing, but imagine a light ale lightly flavored with pumpkin pie spices. The spices were not overpowering. Then again, the beer was nothing stunning either. But, it was amusing. Check out some other folks reviews of the concoction at ratebeer.com.

No comments: